3 Tbsp unsalted butter
2cups 3-4 inch diced dehydrated / dried cornbread (see recipe)
4 cups ½ inch diced stale sourdough.
2 cups dried/rehydrated foraged mushrooms (we used chestnut, but dried porcini, black trumpets or morels are great!) Reserve the liquid!
½ cup apple cider (or hard cider)
1 ½ cup celery (¼ inch diced)
2 small onions
Approx 5 cups Turkey stock
½ tsp black pepper
1 ½ tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
1 ½ tsp chopped sage
1 tsp copped rosemary
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 Tbsp chopped lovage leaves
1. Melt the butter in skillet and add the onion and cook about 1 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add the celery and cook for 1 minute, then deglaze with the cider and cook all the way down.
3. Add the Turkey stock and bring to a boil.
4. Immediately add the dried & diced sourdough & corn bread and take off of the heat.
5. Add the herbs, salt & pepper and gently toss to combine. Let it rest and soak up for 5 minutes.
6. Check your seasoning and add the little touches that you prefer.