For the butter cookies:
1 cup a.p. flour
1/8 cup acorn flour
1/2 cup goat butter (softened)
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp kosher salt
For the topping:
1/2 cup chopped hickory nuts (you can use pecans in place of hickory nuts)
1 egg white (whipped until frothy)
- In a stand mixer, cream the room temperature goat butter & sugar with a paddle attachment for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides every minute or so.
- add the sifted flours and salt and mix to combine.
- using parchment paper or plastic wrap, roll the dough into a log about 3” in diameter.
- refrigerate the dough until hard.
- slice into 1/2 inch rounds and bake at 350 degrees F for about 12 minutes.
- remove from oven and brush with the egg whites and top with crushed nuts.
- bake again for 3 to 5 minutes until the nuts are slightly toasted.
- Thats it!