3 Tbsp unsalted butter
2cups 3-4 inch diced dehydrated / dried cornbread (see recipe)
4 cups ½ inch diced stale sourdough.
2 cups dried/rehydrated foraged mushrooms (we used chestnut, but dried porcini, black trumpets or morels are great!) Soak dried mushrooms in room temp water until soft. Drain. Reserve the liquid for another use!
½ cup apple cider (or hard cider)
1 ½ cup celery (¼ inch diced)
2 small onions
Approx 5 cups Turkey stock
½ tsp black pepper
1 ½ tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
1 ½ tsp chopped sage
1 tsp copped rosemary
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 Tbsp chopped lovage leaves
1. Melt the butter in skillet and add the onion and cook about 1 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add the celery & rehydrated mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, then deglaze with the cider and cook all the way down.
3. Add the Turkey stock and bring to a boil.
4. Immediately add the dried & diced sourdough & corn bread and take off of the heat.
5. Add the herbs, salt & pepper and gently toss to combine. Let it rest and soak up for 5 minutes.
6. Check your seasoning and add the little touches that you prefer.