Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly butter the bottom sides of a 10in round cake pan.
4 large eggs, at room temperature.
2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
1/4 teaspoon of salt.
2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup rye flour
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature.
2 Tbsp of coconut oil
1 tsp coconut extract (we use cooks brand.)
3 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
1 large stalk of rhubarb
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp unsalted butter (for the pan)
1. Combine the eggs, sugar, and the salt in a large bowl. Using electric beater or a whisk, beat on high speed until the mixture lightens and color and triples and volume. This should take about 2 to 4 minutes. Continue to beat at a medium speed for 1 minute, until the mixture forms nice ribbons.
2. In separate bowl, use a wooden spoon to stir together the room temp butter and coconut oil.
3. In another bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, shredded coconut, rye flour & all purpose flour.
4. Gently fold 1/4 of the dry ingredients into the beaten egg mixture. Then fold about 1/4 of the butter mixture into the egg mixture and then fold in the remaining three quarters of the egg mixture.
5. Butter the bottom sides of a 10 inch round cake pan. Sprinkle the 1/3 cup of sugar evenly around the bottom of the pan. Arrange the rhubarb stalks across the pan on top of the sugars and pour tha batter over the top, smoothing the top with a spatula. Bake until the edges are golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean, about 30 minutes or so.